Monday, August 8, 2011

Dear Coast Guard

This is a copy of an email I just sent to the National Maritime Center's customer service center. I've been on the phone with them every other day for almost 3 weeks now. Welcome to paperwork hell.

Mariner Number: ####
Application ID: ####
Name: Jennifer Brown
DOB: ####

I am writing to check the status of my application. I was informed over the telephone on Tuesday, August 2nd, that my application had been approved, and that I would receive a letter in the mail by the end of the week. When I did not receive a letter permitting me to test by today, August 8th, I contacted the NMC by telephone again, since the person I spoke with on Tuesday stated that she could send me a digital copy of the letter. I requested that, and have not received it.

I am most concerned because even though I have been informed multiple times over the phone that my application was approved, I have not received any email confirmation that the requested information was reviewed or that my application was approved. My supervisor contacted the director of the local testing center, who stated that my approval letter was not shown in the files he could view online, though he could see that I was approved.

I am concerned that my paperwork may have not followed the right paths, and may be sitting on a desk somewhere, incomplete. I am ready and prepared to test, and have been anxiously awaiting a test date.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I have been told that my evaluator's name is XXXXX. If possible, please forward my concerns to her as well. I would like to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you

Jennifer
email address
phone

1 comment:

  1. But it was all worth it!! You did it, you're official. So maybe Michael and I could get married again and you can "officiate". It could be a third career for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete