Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"Can I drive your cabin?"

The other afternoon, B was taking tolls and I was driving. There were only two cars on board, and one car had a probably 4 or 5 year old boy in the backseat. He rolled down his window and asked B if he could "drive the cabin of the boat," and of course B said yes. So he came inside, and climbed up on the stool. I showed him how the throttles go back and forth and make the boat go fast, then put it in neutral and had him push them into full speed. We watched the water explained some of the buttons until we got close to the bank. Once I landed and explained what I was doing, I let him lower the gate by turning a toggle, (which also makes a bell ring) and let him press the big red button that blows the air horn.

I think he grinned all the way home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sooooooo wonderful - I can see Gannet doing all that .... you are a wonderful writer!

    ReplyDelete